Becoming A GoAntiques' Seller Requirements & Approval Process:
2. Sellers must provide their complete legal first & last name (not an alias) and, as long as they are a GoAntiques' Seller, must maintain a
- working email address
- mailing address
- working phone number, that allows GoAntiques Support/Admin to reach you
3. Sellers must provide some stated form of refund or exchange policy. GoAntiques recognizes that policies may vary, from seller to seller.
4. Sellers must provide provide tracking for shipped purchases, to the Buyer, for each sale, and if requested by GoA Support.
5. We encourage Seller-Buyer rapport, but are not involved in Seller-Buyer transactions. We are not responsible for the resolution of any dispute between Sellers and Buyers. Both Buyers and Sellers must communicate directly. It is at our sole discretion to provide Support to Sellers and Buyers, with concerns, disputes or claims, and to encourage successful business transactions. In the event of a complaint from a Buyer, about a Seller, we reserve the right to research the claim, and require verification of payment and shipping, at our discretion. We also reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, and to discontinue service to Sellers, due to unprofessional conduct, practices that do not meet our terms, or complaints that could damage GoAntiques' site reputation.
6. Sellers must respond to email/messages from GoAntiques Support/Admin, within 5 business days. NOTE: PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL WITHIN A FEW DAYS OF SIGNING UP TO BE SURE YOU GET & READ YOUR FIRST EMAIL FROM SUPPORT, REGARDING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION APPROVAL, FUTURE NEWSLETTERS, AND ADMINISTRATIVE NOTICES OR EMAILS.
7. After agreeing to the above, Sellers choose a Subscription Plan, based on how many inventory items they expect to upload to an individualized Storefront, whether or not those items are for sale, or placed onsite as private inventory.
Providing Billing Information for a Subscription Plan, is considered Intent To Open a GoAntiques Storefront, and is considered de facto agreement to the above.
8. Sellers enter current credit card information, for their chosen monthly Subscription Plan rate. We verify this information by billing for the first month. Sellers are billed monthly, starting the day billing information is provided, without regard to the amount of time the Seller ultimately takes to set up, or be approved or become visible to the public, should their Storefront set up be too incomplete for Administration to approve. There is no fee for listing inventory, beyond the subscription rate.
9. Upon verified billing, a Seller's Storefront is set to "Pending" status, meaning that the Storefront is incognito (visible to administration and the Seller only.) Using the Seller's Dashboard, the Seller should begin to set up their Storefront, including a banner image (650px x 330px), a description of the store, payment, shipping & return policies, and a minimum of 5 representative inventory items (each inventory item may include 8 photos/views.)
Anytime there are questions, or if any help is needed to accomplish this, all Sellers are welcome to contact Support, and we will be happy to help.
NOTE: Storefronts are not approved without review, and can be more quickly approved if the Seller can show that they are a good fit, by describing what they intend to sell, by completing all Storefront fields, and by uploading a minimum of 5 inventory items. Alternatively, prospective Sellers can show inventory by letting Support of other eCommerce sites on which they are active, and in good standing. GoA inventory upload need not be complete beyond 5 items for approval and being made active.
- We try to APPROVE Storefronts within 3 business days, given sufficient information, by the Seller.
- Storefronts remains Pending (not visible to the public), even after Approval, until all Storefront fields are complete, a minimum of 5 inventory items are uploaded, and a Storefront banner image is uploaded.
- Storefronts can remain private & invisible to the public, even after approval, and after completion, if the Seller so chooses, however,
- If the Storefront is approved, & complete yet Seller desires to remain invisible to the public for additional time (for example, to add additional inventory, etc) IT IS THE SELLER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TO NOTIFY SUPPORT of that desire and when the Seller desires to be made visible.
- If additional time, beyond 3 days from sign-up is needed to complete the above basic Storefront set-up, IT BECOMES THE SELLER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY SUPPORT WHEN WHEN STOREFRONT SET-UP IS SUFFICIENTLY COMPLETE TO BE MADE VISIBLE TO THE PUBLIC.
10. Once a Storefront is complete, the Seller approved, and status is set to Active, the Storefront is "open for business," visible to the public, and previewed as a New Seller on GoAntiques' landing page, with a direct link to the Seller's inventory.
11. GoAntique's has a strong social media presence, with direct Storefront linkage to a GoA admin curated inventory selection from GoAntiques' Sellers, as appropriate. While we hope to link to some items from all of our Sellers, it is solely at GoAntiques staff discretion, and only if a Storefront is complete, in good standing, and inventory descriptions are accurate.
12. GoAntiques provides Sellers with valuable information about our industry's buying trends, best practices for eCommerce sales, and Storefront set up, via Newsletters and Blogs, some of which are archived, and can be found on GoAntiques Landing Page, top left corner, under Blog, Dealers In Depth. In particular, the May/June Newsletter will give you valuable information on best practices for filling out Storefront fields.
13. If a Seller's Subscription payment fails, it is the Seller's responsibility to contact Support to remedy the failed payment. We will work with Sellers, generally extending a 30 day grace period, and will try to contact them by email or phone, if possible. Beyond 30 days, if we have be unable to reach a Seller, the Storefront may be made invisible to the public, or closed if there is no response. To remain open Sellers are expected to pay past late Subscription payments, and may pay a $25 late fee, unless other arrangements are made between Support and the Seller.
Thank you very much for your interest in becoming a GoAntiques Seller. If, at any point, you have any questions, or need some help setting up, please don't hesitate to contact Support!
SIMPLIFIED STEP BY STEP:
2. Fill in all fields on Buyer Sign up pages, including
- Captcha Box
- Correct full name, mailing address, email address & phone number
- Mailing List Notifications
- Read and check box GoAntiques Terms & Conditions
- Record your password and keep in safe place
- Remember to click Update or Continue at the bottom of each page
- Choose Subscription Plan/number of items you want to list
3. Fill in Billing Information, used to charge your monthly subscription
- Note: Expiration date must be upload with 2 digits, for month, 4 digits for year
- Example: May of 2020 should be loaded in as “05” for month and “2020” for year
- Billing cycles start from day billing information is submitted, regardless of status.
4. After Billing Information is uploaded you must customize your Storefront using Seller Dashboard before it can be made visible to the public, including:
- Payment & Shipping methods, Storefront Description, Return Policies, Storefront Banner Image (which acts as your Storefront signage). At least 5 representational Inventory items are required. Direct contact information for Buyers is suggested.
- Banners should be horizontal images, 650px wide by 330 px tall (the equivalent of your Storefront Signage.) They may be customized text graphics, an image of your brick & mortar Store, or of representational inventory, in JPG or PNG format.
- Beginning 11/01/18, all Sellers must have Storefront banner, description, and policies complete before the Storefront is made visible to the public, and 5 inventory items before Storefront is featured as a new Seller on the GoAntiques main landing page.
- Note: Whichever shipping & payment methods you choose as your main method, you are welcome to arrange other personalized methods with your customers, though we highly encourage the use of PayPal, and never cash.
- NOTE: New Sellers are reviewed before being approved, within 3 business days. New Seller Storefront information and inventory will remain invisible to the public, pending New Seller Approval. During this time you are encouraged to continue to build your storefront, and upload inventory, as this speeds the approval process. After Approval, the Storefront will be Activated, or made visible only after Storefront fields, 5 inventory items and banner image are in place.
- If Storefront set-up is not complete upon Approval, the Seller is welcomed to take what time they require to set-up, in private, but the Seller is required to notify Support upon completion/readiness to open for business.
5. Upload individual images files (8 jpeg images maximum, ea. item) or Bulk Upload CSV files
- Note: Etsy or other sites’ CSV files must have been previously downloaded from those sites to your computer and then uploaded to your GoAntiques Storefront.
To Become a Seller on GoAntiques, Click Here or select the Sell link on the GoAntiques Homepage
To Close A Storefront: Sellers please contact Support.