Buying on GoAntiques:
- Antiquing on GoAntiques is as easy as:
- Registering your email address and creating a password!
- This gives you a personal Dashboard where you can view details on the items in your Cart.
- Buyers can search for items:
- By Category (Broad Subject IE: Glass, Mirrors, Chandeliers)
- By Sellers’ Storefront name (great for going back to your favorite dealers!)
- By Department (Antiques, Vintage, Collectibles, Contemporary, New, and Reproductions)
Contacting a Seller
- You can send an email to a dealer by clicking the Contact Seller About This Item link located in the right-hand column on the item detail page.
- Item detail pages of items that you have already purchased or that are pending purchase may be accessed via the Dashboard. Similarly, item detail pages of items in your cart may be accessed via the Cart button in the top-right corner of the website.
Getting More Information
- To see more information about an item that you see in the search results, click on its image or name. These links will take you to the item detail page, where all of the information supplied by the seller can be found.
- To get more info about an item than what is listed on the item detail page, you can contact the seller directly by clicking the Contact Seller About This Item link located in the right-hand column on the item detail page.
- To ADD an item to your Cart, click on the Add To Cart button on the item's item detail page; or, if the item is already in your Wishlist, click the Add To Cart link in the respective item's entry on the Wishlist page.
- To REMOVE an item from your Cart, click the Remove Item link in the respective item's entry on the Cart page.
- To PURCHASE items in your Cart, select your payment method and click on the Checkout button in the respective item's entry on the Cart page.
- To apply a COUPON to an item in your cart by clicking on the Apply Coupon button.
- The Wishlist allows you to save or "bookmark" items in your account that you may want to purchase at a later date. Once an item is added to your Wishlist, it will remain there until you move it to your Cart or remove it from the Wishlist area.
- The Wishlist is accessible by clicking the Wishlist button in the top-right corner of the website, next to the Cart button.
- To move an item from your Wishlist to your Cart, login and click the Wishlist link near the upper-right corner of the webpage. Once on the Wishlist page, click the Add To Cart link for each item you wish to move to your Cart.
- Payment options vary by Seller.
- To view a Seller's accepted methods of payment, click the View Store Policies link in the right-hand column in the Seller's Storefront or on the item detail page for one of the dealer's items.
- To request another method of payment, you may contact the Seller directly via the Contact Seller link in the right-hand column of his Storefront.
- If you would like to make the Seller an offer, the Seller must agree to the offer BEFORE payment is made.
- For questions about payment options, sales taxes or tariffs, click the Contact Seller About This Item link on the right side of the Item detail page for that item.
- You will be notified by email to send your PayPal payment to the Seller. Once you have submitted your PayPal payment information, an email will be automatically sent to the Seller notifying him of your payment.
- Sales taxes vary by State:
- The Seller is required to charge tax for all sales within these other States, as applicable. For more info, please contact each dealer individually before your purchase.
- Some States require Sellers to collect sales tax on all Internet transactions.
- Most states only require sales tax to be collected if the Buyer resides a State in which the Seller conducts business. A Seller may have their store in one State, but have warehouses in other States.
- Paypal Buyers do not need to notify the seller once a PayPal payment has been made, as the Seller automatically receives notification from PayPal.
- NOTE: When you pay through PayPal, you will be automatically redirected to www.paypal.com.
- Shipping costs, and overseas tariffs (when applicable) are in addition to the listed price, unless otherwise stated in the listing.
- Each Seller determines his own shipping methods, which are listed in the right-hand column of an item's item detail page. Shipping methods vary depending on the type of merchandise being shipped, and its destination.
- To purchase an item with To Be Determined Shipping
- You must first add it to your Cart.
- Then, from your Cart, click "Submit Purchase Request".
- Consequently, you will be notified by email once the seller has agreed to ship and added the shipping fees, at which point you may return to your Cart to checkout.
- If a Buyer would like an Alternative Shipping Quote, (for example: has a specific shipping preference, would like multiple items bundled, or would like to propose an alternative shipping method), they may discuss this with the seller, by clicking the Contact Seller About This Item link, which is also on the item detail page.
- Be sure to enter your zip code so the Seller can provide an accurate quote.
- Please agree on shipping costs/methods with Seller before sending payment.
- Shipping times vary according to:
- When payment was received/acknowledged by the Seller. Sellers will not ship an item until payment has been made.
- Method of shipment
- Origin of shipment
- Destination of shipment
- Pending Tariffs or Taxes (overseas shipping), generally due before pick-up in destination country
- At any time during the transaction process, you can may contact the seller to inquire into the shipping status by clicking the Contact Seller About This Item link in the right-hand column of the item detail page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.